MiasXtra is pleased to have you here and we are pleased to acknowledge your interest in our website, products and services. It is important that we protect your personal data throughout the course of your interaction with us, and that you understand how we protect your personal information. Now, we explain what information we collect when you visit our website, and how we use the information that we collect.
Specifically, this privacy notice applies to the following category of individuals:
- Shoppers: any individual or entity who contracts us to procure products on their behalf
- Shippers: any individual or entity, including their employees who sends a parcel through us or requests us to pick up a parcel on their behalf
- Business partners including their employees
- Any persons showing interest in our services
- Individuals that apply to work with us
All the above subjects are referred to in this notice as “you” or “your.”
This is any information relating to an identifiable natural person (the data subject). This includes name, location data, identification number, contact details, online identifiers and information specific to the physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural and social identity of the data subject. Information which cannot be linked with real identity (such as favourite websites or the number of a site’s users) is not considered personal data.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
This privacy notice applies to the data processed by MiasXtra Global Ltd (insert registered address). If you have any questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data, please, contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
TYPES OF DATA WE PROCESS
- Contact data: to help us reach you whenever you use our services. This includes your name, address, telephone number and email number.
- Profile data: to set your shopping, pickup and delivery preferences.
- Shipment data: information to enable us to deliver your shipments and for you to pick up your shipments or track your shipments.
- Survey data: information gotten when you fill in our online surveys. For example, when you call our customer service.
By default, when you visit our site, the processing of your data is done with technically necessary cookies. However, to access some features, you may be required to consent to the use of certain technologies such as analytical cookies or similar technologies.
Also, our performance, functional and analytical technologies may store some information about visitors so that we can “recognize” such visitors when they visit our site repeatedly. This will help us customize the pages and contents that we show our visitors. At all times, your consent will be sought in line with Art 1 (a) GDPR before processing your data.
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
- Visiting Our Website
MiasXtra is committed to protecting the privacy of users of our websites. The information we collect when you visit our site is: IP address, hostname of your computer, the website from which you came to our website, date and duration of your visit to our site, volume of data transferred, your browser type, list of sites you visited out of our total internet presence.
We also temporarily store this data in order to be able to deliver the website to you. We also store log files so that our IT systems are secured and our website remains functional. Our legal basis for this storage is Art 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
These data are deleted once the purpose for which they were collected has been performed. Administrators access logs for 24 hours after which they will be available through restoration of backups and a permanent deletion will be done after 30 days.
If you have enabled location functions in your browser, we will offer you location-based services (e.g., offers from stores near you, pickup stations, etc). Once you disable location functions in your browser, your data will be deleted in due time.
- Performance of Contract
We also need your personal information to provide services to you and offer you our products. This is also for us to fulfil our contractual obligations towards you after we have entered into agreements with you.
On MiasXtra.com, we offer the following services:
- Shop for me
- Ship for me
- Pay for me
- Track shipment
- Customer service
WHY WE PROCESS YOUR DATA
- Processing for Advertising
When you visit our web page, we use your information to offer you products such as our:
- Events: we need your name, email address and sometimes your company to register you for the event. The legal basis for this is Art 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
- Newsletters: if you subscribe to our mailing list, we are entitled by virtue of Art 6 (1) (a) GDPR to use your email address for this purpose. You may unsubscribe from the mailing list, after which we will remove your email from our mailing list in line with Art 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
- Special offers: we may use products you have shown interest in to recommend more products to you in future.
- Other reasons for which we collect data:
- To deliver goods to you or for you
- To help you make FX payments
- To help you receive FX payments
- provide you with products and services which you have requested
- To process and collect payments
- To provide you with full customer support services
- To establish and manage your accounts
- To verify your identity
- To process any claims you have in respect of our products and services
- For data analyses which are aimed at improving our products and services
- To comply with legal requirements and applicable policies.
- Social Media
We maintain social media fan pages so that we can give you more insights into our products and to communicate with you. So, our website contains links to our social media pages. Data will be transferred to the social media operator if you click on any social media icon. If you click on a social media icon on our website, a new window showing a page of the corresponding social media will be opened.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP DATA
We keep your data for as long as necessary to fulfil our obligations to you and to comply with any legal obligations. The retention period may also vary per jurisdiction. Where the law permits, we are committed to minimizing the retention period as long as the purpose of retention has been fulfilled or the contract allows us to do so.
WILL MY DATA BE PASSED ON
MiasXtra does not share, sell, transfer or otherwise disseminate your personal data with third parties unless required by law or for the purpose of the contract or you have expressly granted us consent to do so.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS
You have the right to:
- know your personal data that we store
- request that we delete, correct or block your personal data as long as such request complies with the law and subsisting contractual obligations
- Request the personal data you have provided us in a structured and machine-readable format.
At MiasXtra, the security of your data is of grave concern. We have deployed all necessary administrative, technical and physical security measures to safeguard the personal information that we handle. We constantly review and audit our security measures to keep up with the law, trends and your preferences. However, if you have any cause to think that your information is no longer secure with us, please contact us at email@example.com or physical address.
Our services are not targeted at persons under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from persons below the age of 13.
This statement was last updated on 25 December 2022.